Wednesday 8 February 2012

No-Gay-Friendly Saint Petersburg

For once, I will spend some more words. And this is because I feel my new Russian experience has facts that cannot be explained only with images. It is a kind of a more complicated, and newer, reality to be explained visually. And it is changing so fast, not to mention that I am not so confident with St. Petersburg city yet to find my shooting spots to represent what is going on. Don't get surprised if I will post more links about news of what happens in this Country, Russia, like the following on. 

Sorry to say that St. Petersburg is not a gay friendly city. Despite a growing indie music sub culture and emerging art galleries, the event of fining gay promotion is a symptom that the old governing class is still trying to pressure down any "too" open apertures to the liberalized world, economically, culturally and sexually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment